Impact Of Work-Family Conflict On Job Performance: Mediating Effect Of Psychological Capital


  • Dr. Iftikhar Ahmad
  • Dr. Saima Batool
  • Muhammad Ibrar Mustafa
  • Mohammad Hanif Khan
  • Dr. Nazim Ali
  • Altaf Hussain


The primary aim of this study was to examine the impact of work-family conflict (WTFC) on both job performance (JP) and psychological capital (PC). This study also seeks to examine the mediating role of PC in the association between WTFC and JP. This study utilised a quantitative methodology to analyse and achieve the objectives. The study focused on doctors working government hospitals of three provinces of Pakistan: Panjab; Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Data were collected from 322 doctors. Male respondents were the majority, accounting for 77% of the total, while the remaining 23% were female. 55% of the respondents were medical officers, 30% were Assistant Professors, and the remaining 15% were Associate Professors. 45% of the participants were in the age bracket of 30 to 40, 35% were in the age range of 41 to 50, and the remaining 20% were above the age of 50. The findings indicate a significant inverse correlation between WTFC and JP (r = -.528) and WTFC and PC (r = -.313). Furthermore, a significant and positive correlation of .379 was observed between PC and JP. Structural equation modelling verified that psychological capital had a partly mediating role in the relationship between work-family conflict and job performance.


Metrics Loading ...




How to Cite

Ahmad, D. I. ., Batool, D. S. ., Mustafa, M. I. ., Khan, M. H. ., Ali, D. N. ., & Hussain, A. . (2024). Impact Of Work-Family Conflict On Job Performance: Mediating Effect Of Psychological Capital. Migration Letters, 21(S4), 426–434. Retrieved from




Most read articles by the same author(s)